Saint Mary's 78
(12-4, 2-3 away)
(9) Gonzaga 83
(16-1, 12-1 home)
Venue: McCarthey Athletic Center
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||M Dellavedova 17
||M Young 5
||M Dellavedova 6
||K Olynyk 18
||E Harris 6
||K Pangos 3
On Thursday, January 10th, Saint Mary's fell to No. 9 Gonzaga 83-78 in conference play. Saint Mary's was down big at the half, 46-28, but fought back in the second half to make it close. Beau Levesque put up 14 points and five rebounds in a losing effort. Stephen Holt had a season-high 23 points and added three rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Kelly Olynyk finished with a game-high 31 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 12th when Saint Mary's (12-4, 1-1 West Coast) hosts San Francisco (7-9, 0-3 West Coast).
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- The last time SMC started the season 12-4 was 2004.
- SMC beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, SMC played 18 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 5-13.
- Saint Mary's has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 10 or fewer assists.
- SMC set season lows for blocks and steals.
- The Gaels have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- The top two scorers (Stephen Holt and Beau Levesque) accounted for 47.4% of the points.
- Stephen Holt has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Brad Waldow has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Stephen Holt's career.
- Stephen Holt had career highs with 23 points and 9 field goals made.
- Beau Levesque has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Beau Levesque.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- Gonzaga won, but did not cover the spread.
- Kelly Olynyk recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- Kelly Olynyk accounted for 37.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kelly Olynyk and Elias Harris) accounted for 51.8% of the rebounds.
- Kelly Olynyk has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Kevin Pangos's career.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Kelly Olynyk's career.
- Kelly Olynyk has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- David Stockton set a career high with 7 assists.
- Elias Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|C||J. Walker III||27||2||3||1||1||1||0|
|-||Guy Landry Edi||5||0||1||0||0||0||0|