Santa Clara 80
(12-5, 3-2 away)
Loyola Marymount 84
(8-8, 5-2 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||K Foster 19
||M Trasolini 7
||E Roguemore 6
||A Ireland 20
||A Hamilton 7
||A Ireland 4
Loyola Marymount beat Santa Clara 84-80 in conference play on Thursday, January 10th. Anthony Ireland played brilliantly for the Lions and put up a game-high 29 points in 38 minutes. Ashley Hamilton had 17 points and added seven rebounds. For the Broncos, Brandon Clark got a season-high 17 points and six rebounds. Loyola Marymount (7-8, 1-2 West Coast) welcomes Portland (7-10, 0-2 West Coast) on Saturday, January 12th.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- Loyola Marymount started 8-8 during the 2010, 2006, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- LMU beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Lions have beaten the spread.
- The Lions have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Loyola Marymount has won 27 close games.
- The Lions have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- Loyola Marymount has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 45.8% or better.
- LMU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Loyola Marymount has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Ashley Hamilton has 17 points or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Anthony Ireland has 8 free throws made or more.
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Lions came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--LMU has a 13.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Godwin Okonji recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 34.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Godwin Okonji and Ashley Hamilton) accounted for 48.4% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Ashley Hamilton has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Godwin Okonji had a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- Santa Clara lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Broncos have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Santa Clara has lost 32 close games.
- The top two scorers (Evan Roguemore and Brandon Clark) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Raymond Cowels III and Yannick Atanga) accounted for 46.5% of the rebounds.
- Kevin Foster has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Evan Roguemore's career.
- Evan Roguemore has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Evan Roguemore.
- Raymond Cowels III recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Raymond Cowels III recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Raymond Cowels III set career highs with 11 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Brandon Clark set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
|A||R. Cowels III||29||15||11||2||0||0||3|