New Mexico State 83
(9-8, 2-7 away)
(5-9, 4-5 home)
Venue: Key Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
|New Mexico State
|New Mexico State
||D Mullings 15
||B Sy 6
||K Ross-Miller 3
||C Trent 10
||D Sunderhaus 7
||P Obasi 4
New Mexico State squared off with Seattle on Thursday, January 10th and held on to beat the Redhawks 83-82 in double overtime. The Aggies got the win with a career-high 26 points and six rebounds (7 Stl 5 Ast) from Tyrone Watson. Bandja Sy had 23 points and added nine rebounds. Clarence Trent registered a double-double for the Redhawks on a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk 3 Stl). The next game will be on Saturday, January 12th when New Mexico State (8-8, 3-2 WAC) goes to Idaho (6-8, 2-2 WAC).
New Mexico State Game Notes
- The win over Seattle extended the New Mexico State winning streak to 3 games.
- New Mexico State has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Aggies have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 4-5.
- The Aggies have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 6 or more blocks.
- NMSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- NMSU has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season New Mexico State has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Bandja Sy has 9 rebounds or more.
- The Aggies set season highs for steals and total points.
- Our 15 steals is the 5th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time NMSU recorded at least 15 steals was Jan 21, 2012 against Hawaii.
- New Mexico State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Tyrone Watson recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10, steals with 7, and field goals attempted with 18.
- Daniel Mullings tallied a team season high in steals with 7.
- Bandja Sy tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Tyrone Watson accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Sim Bhullar and Bandja Sy) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Tyrone Watson has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Bandja Sy's career.
- Bandja Sy has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Tyrone Watson's career.
- Tyrone Watson had career highs with 26 points, 10 field goals made, and 7 steals.
- Daniel Mullings has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Daniel Mullings had a career high with 7 steals.
- Sim Bhullar recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Terrel de Rouen.
Seattle Game Notes
- The Redhawks have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Seattle has lost 13 close games.
- This loss extended the Redhawks losing streak to 4 games.
- Chad Rasmussen recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- Clarence Trent has led the team in scoring 4 times in 14 games this season.
- Prince Obasi recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Prince Obasi recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Prince Obasi set career highs with 6 field goals made, 11 rebounds, and 6 offensive rebounds.
- Clarence Trent recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Clarence Trent.
- Clarence Trent recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Clarence Trent set a career high with 10 rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Deshaun Sunderhaus.
|D||Terrel de Rouen||23||0||4||1||0||0||2|