Sam Houston State 68
(9-6, 3-4 away)
(2-14, 1-3 home)
Venue: Montagne Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 10, 2013
|Sam Houston State
|Sam Houston State
||D Gatson 9
||T Motley 6
||D Gatson 3
||R Mitchell 10
||S Brown 6
||D Minor 2
Lamar lost at home against Sam Houston State 68-57 in conference play on Thursday, January 10th. Amos Wilson put up a team-high 12 points plus eight rebounds in a losing effort. Keilan Blanks had 11 points. Terrance Motley finished with a game-high 14 points and eight rebounds for the Bearkats. This makes three losses in a row for the Cardinals. Lamar (2-14, 0-4 SLC) gets Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (1-11, 0-3 SLC) at home on Saturday, January 12th.
Lamar Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:41 left to go.
- Lamar has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Cardinals have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 0.0% or worse.
- Lamar has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after committing 20 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Lamar has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition commits 15 or fewer turnovers this season, Lamar has lost 93% of the time (1-13).
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, Lamar has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- The Cardinals set season highs for blocks and free throws made.
- The last time Lamar recorded at least 8 blocks was Mar 03, 2012 against McNeese State.
- Lamar set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- Lamar has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 16 games.
- The top two scorers (Amos Wilson and Keilan Blanks) accounted for 40.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Amos Wilson and Stanford Brown) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Amos Wilson has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Amos Wilson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Sam Houston State Game Notes
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (33).
- Michael Holyfield has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 15 games this season.