Weber State 81
(10-3, 4-2 away)
Southern Utah 74
(5-9, 4-3 home)
Venue: Centrum Arena
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, January 10, 2013
||D Berry 13
||J Bolomboy 9
||D Berry 3
||J Stevenett 16
||J Stevenett 6
||D Heuir 2
On Thursday, January 10th, Weber State got a road victory against Southern Utah 81-74 in Big Sky action. Joel Bolomboy earned a double-double for the Wildcats with 13 points and 17 rebounds. Davion Berry had a team-high 19 points and added seven rebounds. For the Thunderbirds, Jackson Stevenett got a game-high 29 points and four rebounds. The Wildcats are on a five-game win streak. The next game will be on Monday, January 14th when Weber State (10-3, 5-0 Big Sky) heads to Idaho State (2-10, 1-2 Big Sky).
Weber State Game Notes
- Weber State started 10-3 during the 2011 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Southern Utah extended the Weber State winning streak to 6 games.
- The Wildcats have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Weber State has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.8% field goal percentage.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer assists.
- This season Weber State has won 100% of the time (7-0) when Kyle Tresnak has 11 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Scott Bamforth plays 31 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Jordan Richardson has 5 assists or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Weber State recorded at least 36 free throws made was Feb 10, 2001 against Portland State.
- The Wildcats have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Weber State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- Davion Berry recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10 and free throws attempted with 16.
- Scott Bamforth tallied a team season high in free throws made with 13 and free throws attempted with 14.
- Joel Bolomboy tallied a team season high in rebounds with 17 and offensive rebounds with 7.
- The top two scorers (Davion Berry and Scott Bamforth) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Joel Bolomboy accounted for 36.9% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (19).
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 13 games this season.
- Joel Bolomboy has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 13 games this season.
- Scott Bamforth has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Bamforth had a career high with 13 free throws made.
- Joel Bolomboy recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joel Bolomboy recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Kyle Tresnak has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- Jackson Stevenett accounted for 39.1% of the team's points.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in scoring 8 times in 14 games this season.
- Wade Collie has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 14 games this season.
- Wade Collie set a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Jackson Stevenett's career.
- Jackson Stevenett has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackson Stevenett set career highs with 29 points and 11 free throws made.
- Damon Heuir has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Nsenki.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Jordan Johnson.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for A.J. Hess.