On Thursday, January 10th, UCLA got a road victory against Utah 57-53 in Pac 12 play. The Bruins were led by Kyle Anderson, who put up 11 points plus eight rebounds. Travis Wear also had a solid game, scoring a game-high 12 points and adding eight rebounds. Jason Washburn recorded a double-double for the Utes on 11 points and 11 rebounds. UCLA (13-3, 3-0 Pac 12) travels to Colorado (10-4, 0-2 Pac 12) on Saturday, January 12th.
UCLA Game Notes
- UCLA started 13-3 during the 2001 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Utah extended the UCLA winning streak to 8 games.
- The Bruins have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, UCLA has won 32 close games.
- UCLA has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 8 or fewer turnovers.
- UCLA has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- UCLA has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 20.0% three-point percentage.
- This season UCLA has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Jordan Adams has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (8-2) when Larry Drew II plays 34 minutes or more, and 75% of the time (9-3) when Travis Wear has 4 field goals made or more.
- UCLA set a season low for total points.
- The Bruins have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- UCLA has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Larry Drew II and Jordan Adams) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis Wear and Kyle Anderson) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Travis Wear has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Travis Wear has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Utah Game Notes
- The Utes have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Utah has lost 23 close games.
- This loss extended the Utes losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Cedric Martin and Jason Washburn) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jason Washburn and Glen Dean) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- Jason Washburn has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Jason Washburn recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jason Washburn has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Jason Washburn recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 6th of his career.