Northern Colorado lost a nail-biter to Montana State 69-66 in conference play on Thursday, January 10th. Derrick Barden got 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Bears, earning a double-double. Tate Unruh was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 11 to get to a season-high 23 points overall. For the Bobcats, Calen Coleman got a season-high 16 points and four rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Bears. Northern Colorado (3-10, 1-4 Big Sky) hosts Montana (9-4, 5-0 Big Sky) on Saturday, January 12th.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- The Bears have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Colorado has lost 27 close games.
- Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after recording 66 or fewer total points.
- The Bears have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 38.2% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.9% or better this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 36.4% or better this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 8 or more steals this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- The Bears have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- Northern Colorado has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Bears opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Tate Unruh recorded a team season high in points with 23, field goals attempted with 16, and three pointers attempted with 11.
- Derrick Barden tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with 7.
- Tate Unruh accounted for 34.8% of the team's points.
- Derrick Barden accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Tate Unruh has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 13 games this season.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 13 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Tate Unruh's career.
- Tate Unruh has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Tate Unruh had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Derrick Barden recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Derrick Barden recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
Montana State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Calen Coleman and Xavier Blount) accounted for 43.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Xavier Blount and Flavien Davis) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Xavier Blount has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 13 games this season.
- Christian Moon has 4 straight double-digit point games.