Texas A&M-CC 71
(1-12, 0-9 away)
McNeese State 75
(7-7, 6-1 home)
Venue: Burton Coliseum
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 10, 2013
||W Nelson 14
||W Nelson 7
||J Jordan 4
||D Guidry 12
||D Guidry 8
||K Hardy 3
McNeese State squared off with Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Thursday, January 10th and defeated the Islanders 75-71 in conference play. Kevin Hardy got 14 points and 10 rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl) for the Cowboys, earning a double-double. Ledrick Eackles also had a strong outing, scoring a season-high 15 points and adding two rebounds. For the Islanders, Johnathan Jordan got 17 points and nine assists. McNeese State (7-7, 1-3 SLC) welcomes Sam Houston State (8-5, 1-1 SLC) on Saturday, January 12th.
McNeese State Game Notes
- McNeese State started 7-7 during the 2007, 2004, 2002, 2001, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cowboys have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, McNeese State has won 25 close games.
- The Cowboys have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- McNeese State has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 46.2% or better.
- MCNS has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- This season McNeese State has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Dontae Cannon plays 34 minutes or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Desharick Guidry has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Cowboys set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time MCNS recorded at least 22 free throws made was Mar 07, 2012 against Texas-San Antonio.
- MCNS set a season low for steals.
- McNeese State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--MCNS has a 13.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Desharick Guidry and Ledrick Eackles) accounted for 41.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Hardy and Desharick Guidry) accounted for 47.5% of the rebounds.
- Desharick Guidry has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 14 games this season.
- Kevin Hardy recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Hardy recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Kevin Hardy had career highs with 10 defensive rebounds and 6 assists.
- Desharick Guidry has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ledrick Eackles had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Game Notes
- The Islanders have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has lost 24 close games.
- This loss extended the Islanders losing streak to 12 games.
- Johnathan Jordan recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- William Nelson accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- William Nelson accounted for 31.0% of the team's rebounds.
- William Nelson has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 7 times in 13 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of William Nelson's career.
- Johnathan Jordan set a career high with 12 free throws made.