Kentucky squared off with Vanderbilt on Thursday, January 10th and won by a slim margin against the Commodores 60-58 in conference action. Willie Cauley-Stein had a big game for the Wildcats and put up seven points plus eight rebounds (4 Ast 4 Blk). Ryan Harrow had a team-high 16 points and added four rebounds. Kedren Johnson got a game-high 18 points and six assists for the Commodores. Kentucky (10-4, 1-0 SEC) welcomes Texas A&M (10-3, 1-0 SEC) on Saturday, January 12th.
Kentucky Game Notes
- Kentucky started 10-4 during the 2005, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Wildcats have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Kentucky has won 25 close games.
- The Wildcats have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 8 or more blocks.
- UK has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- UK has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.9% field goal percentage.
- This season Kentucky has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Archie Goodwin has 12 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Nerlens Noel has 6 field goals made or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Alex Poythress has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for turnovers.
- UK set a season low for three-point percentage.
- The Wildcats have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Harrow and Nerlens Noel) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Cauley-Stein and Nerlens Noel) accounted for 40.5% of the rebounds.
- Willie Cauley-Stein has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Ryan Harrow has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Alex Poythress.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- The Commodores have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt has lost 19 close games.
- Kedren Johnson accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Shelby Moats and Kevin Bright) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (18).
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring 6 times in 13 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson set career highs with 6 assists and 4 steals.
- Shelby Moats recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.