(10-4, 1-3 away)
(6-7, 4-5 home)
Venue: Memorial Gym (TN)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||A Goodwin 15
||N Noel 9
||A Goodwin 3
||K Johnson 16
||K Bright 6
||K Johnson 2
On Thursday, January 10th, Vanderbilt took on Kentucky and lost a nail-biter to the Wildcats 60-58 in conference play. The Commodores got a good performance from Kedren Johnson, who put up a game-high 18 points and six assists. Shelby Moats had a career-high nine points and added 10 rebounds. Willie Cauley-Stein got seven points and eight rebounds (4 Ast 4 Blk) for the Wildcats. The next game will be on Saturday, January 12th when Vanderbilt (6-7, 0-1 SEC) travels to Arkansas (9-5, 0-1 SEC).
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vandy beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Commodores have beaten the spread.
- The Commodores have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt has lost 19 close games.
- Vanderbilt has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 58 or fewer total points.
- The Commodores have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 26.7% or worse.
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Vanderbilt has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.3% or better this season, Vanderbilt has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 12 or more assists this season, Vanderbilt has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Vanderbilt has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 8 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Vandy has a 4.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kedren Johnson accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Shelby Moats and Kevin Bright) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (18).
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 13 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson had career highs with 6 assists and 4 steals.
- Shelby Moats recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
Kentucky Game Notes
- Kentucky won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Harrow and Nerlens Noel) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Cauley-Stein and Nerlens Noel) accounted for 40.5% of the rebounds.
- Willie Cauley-Stein has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 14 games this season.
- Ryan Harrow has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Alex Poythress.