(9-5, 3-5 away)
Long Island 75
(5-10, 4-3 home)
Venue: Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||J Williams 15
||J Williams 7
||K Ortiz 4
||J Boyd 18
||J Olasewere 7
||J Brickman 8
Long Island took a home loss to Wagner 86-75 in conference play on Thursday, January 10th. The Blackbirds were paced by Kenny Onyechi, who put up seven points and four rebounds. Jamal Olasewere also had a solid outing, scoring a team-high 16 points and adding nine rebounds. Kenneth Ortiz recorded a double-double for the Seahawks with 19 points and 11 assists. The Blackbirds are on a five-game losing streak. Long Island (5-10, 0-3 NEC) takes on Mount St. Mary's (5-8, 1-2 NEC) on Saturday, January 12th on their home court.
Long Island Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:50 left to go.
- Long Island started 5-10 during the 2003 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Blackbirds have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 43.6% or worse.
- Long Island has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 12 or fewer assists.
- Long Island has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 86 or more total points this season, Long Island has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, Long Island has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Long Island has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- LIU set a season low for rebounds.
- Long Island has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Jamal Olasewere and Gerrell Martin) accounted for 41.3% of the points.
- Jamal Olasewere accounted for 37.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 10 times in 15 games this season.
- C.J. Garner had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Jamal Olasewere.
- E.J. Reed has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Wagner Game Notes
- Kenneth Ortiz recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Latif Rivers and Kenneth Ortiz) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- Mario Moody has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 14 games this season.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Kenneth Ortiz's career.
- Kenneth Ortiz has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kenneth Ortiz recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Kenneth Ortiz set career highs with a 100% three-point percentage and 11 assists.
- Mario Moody has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Thompson set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Latif Rivers's career.
- Latif Rivers set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.