Cal Poly 67
(7-7, 2-6 away)
UC Davis 69
(5-9, 3-3 home)
Venue: Davis Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||C Eversley 15
||C Eversley 7
||J Johnson 4
||C Hawkins 17
||R Howley 8
||P Mancasola 3
Cal Poly was narrowly defeated by UC Davis 69-67 in conference play on a night when the Aggies shot 60% from the floor. Dylan Royer put up a team-high 19 points on 67% shooting in 32 minutes in the Mustangs loss. Chris Eversley had 18 points and added five rebounds. For the Aggies, J.T. Adenrele finished with a game-high 20 points and six rebounds. Cal Poly (7-5, 3-0 Big West) heads to Pacific (7-7, 1-1 Big West) on Saturday, January 12th.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- Cal Poly started 7-7 during the 2002 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Cal Poly beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- Cal Poly has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.5% or better this season, Cal Poly has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Cal Poly has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Cal Poly set a season low for three-point percentage.
- The Mustangs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Cal Poly has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Mustangs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Dylan Royer and Chris Eversley) accounted for 55.2% of the points.
- Dylan Royer has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 14 games this season.
- Chris Eversley has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 14 games this season.
- Chris Eversley had a career high with 8 field goals made.
- Dylan Royer had career highs with 19 points and 6 field goals made.
UC Davis Game Notes
- UC Davis won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Aggies won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UC Davis has lost 35 close games.
- The top two scorers (J.T. Adenrele and Ryan Sypkens) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Corey Hawkins and J.T. Adenrele) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of J.T. Adenrele's career.
- J.T. Adenrele set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Josh Ritchart has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Corey Hawkins has 6 straight double-digit point games.