St. Francis (PA) 60
(1-13, 0-8 away)
(6-10, 3-2 home)
Venue: Multipurpose Activity Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
|St. Francis (PA)
|St. Francis (PA)
||U Shannon 13
||E Brown 7
||U Shannon 4
||A Nicholas 14
||E Waite 5
||J Steele 3
On Thursday, January 10th, St. Francis (PA) took on Monmouth and lost to the Hawks 65-60 in conference play. Earl Brown got 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Red Flash, earning a double-double. Stephon Whyatt had 13 points and added three rebounds. For the Hawks, Ed Waite got six points and four rebounds. St. Francis (PA) (1-13, 1-2 NEC) goes to Fairleigh Dickinson (6-9, 1-2 NEC) on Saturday, January 12th.
St. Francis (PA) Game Notes
- The Red Flash have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Francis (PA) has lost 25 close games.
- The Red Flash set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time SFPA recorded at least 16 free throws made was Feb 08, 2012 against Robert Morris.
- The Red Flash have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- The top two rebounders (Earl Brown and Stephon Mosley) accounted for 47.6% of the rebounds.
- Stephon Whyatt has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Earl Brown has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 14 games this season.
- Earl Brown recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Earl Brown has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Earl Brown has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Earl Brown recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Stephon Whyatt.
- Stephon Whyatt had career highs with 3 three-pointers and a 100% three-point percentage.
Monmouth Game Notes
- The Hawks won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Monmouth has lost 29 close games.
- Jesse Steele recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5.
- The top two scorers (Jesse Steele and Andrew Nicholas) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Jesse Steele has led the team in scoring 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Jesse Steele set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Andrew Nicholas has 5 straight double-digit point games.