(9-7, 4-5 away)
Brigham Young 76
(13-4, 11-0 home)
Venue: Marriott Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||L Jackson 14
||S Davis 7
||C Willis 4
||T Haws 21
||B Davies 7
||M Carlino 4
On a night when they had only six turnovers, Brigham Young trounced Pepperdine 76-51 in conference play. Brigham Young trailed 35-30 at the half, but then turned it on and blew out Pepperdine in the second half. The Cougars got the win with 19 points and nine rebounds from Brandon Davies. Tyler Haws had a game-high 24 points and added two rebounds. For the Waves, Jordan Baker finished with a team-high 20 points and five rebounds. Brigham Young (13-4, 3-0 West Coast) takes on Santa Clara (12-4, 1-1 West Coast) on Saturday, January 12th on the road.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:34 left to go.
- Brigham Young started 13-4 during the 2011, 2002, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Pepperdine extended the Brigham Young winning streak to 5 games.
- BYU beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, BYU has been on the winning end of 63 blowout games.
- The Cougars have won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after recording 18 or more assists.
- BYU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Brigham Young has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Matt Carlino has 13 points or more, 79% of the time (11-3) when Tyler Haws plays 30 minutes or more, and 73% of the time (8-3) when Brandon Davies has 6 field goals made or more.
- BYU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Cougars have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Cougars came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--BYU has a 21.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tyler Haws accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- Tyler Haws has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Brock Zylstra had a career high with 6 assists.
- Matt Carlino has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Pepperdine Game Notes
- Pepperdine lost and did not cover the spread.
- Jordan Baker accounted for 39.2% of the team's points.
- Jordan Baker has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Stacy Davis has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Jordan Baker's career.
- Jordan Baker has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|C||M. De Freitas||22||2||4||0||0||1||0|