Belmont shot 62% from the floor and pounded Southeast Missouri State 107-72 in OVC play on Thursday, January 10th. This one was all Belmont from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 48-29 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. The Bruins got the win with 30 points and three rebounds from Ian Clark. Trevor Noack had a career-high 30 points and added seven rebounds. For the Redhawks, Tyler Stone got a team-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Belmont (12-4, 3-0 OVC) gets Tennessee-Martin (4-13, 1-4 OVC) at home on Saturday, January 12th.
Belmont Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:45 left to go.
- The win over Southeast Missouri State extended the Belmont winning streak to 3 games.
- Belmont beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Bruins have beaten the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Belmont has been on the winning end of 47 blowout games.
- The Bruins have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- Belmont has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 26.9% three-point percentage.
- Belmont has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record 36 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Belmont has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Kerron Johnson has 13 points or more, 83% of the time (10-2) when Ian Clark plays 32 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when J.J. Mann has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Bruins set season highs for field goals made, field goal percentage, and total points.
- The last time Belmont recorded at least 107 total points was Jan 20, 2001 against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
- Belmont set a season low for blocks.
- The Bruins have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Ian Clark recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Noack and Ian Clark) accounted for 56.0% of the points.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ian Clark had a career high with 12 field goals made.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Trevor Noack's career.
- Trevor Noack had career highs with 30 points, 10 field goals made, and 3 three-pointers.
- J.J. Mann has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- Southeast Missouri State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Stone and A.J. Jones) accounted for 43.0% of the points.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- A.J. Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.