On a night when the Bruins shot 62% from the floor, Southeast Missouri State was smoked by Belmont 107-72 in conference play. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Belmont up 48-29. Tyler Stone put up a team-high 18 points plus eight rebounds in the loss. Marland Smith had 10 points and added six rebounds. Ian Clark finished with 30 points and three rebounds for the Bruins. Next up for Southeast Missouri State (10-8, 2-2 OVC) is Tennessee State (9-7, 4-0 OVC) on Saturday, January 12th on the road.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:45 left to go.
- The last time SE started the season 10-8 was 2011.
- Southeast Missouri State has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 9 or fewer free throws made.
- The Redhawks have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 44.4% or worse.
- The Redhawks set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time SE recorded at least 20 turnovers was Jan 26, 2012 against Austin Peay.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Stone and A.J. Jones) accounted for 43.0% of the points.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- A.J. Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Belmont Game Notes
- Ian Clark recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Noack and Ian Clark) accounted for 56.0% of the points.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ian Clark set a career high with 12 field goals made.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Trevor Noack's career.
- Trevor Noack set career highs with 30 points, 10 field goals made, and 3 three-pointers.
- J.J. Mann has 3 straight double-digit point games.