Louisiana Tech 84
(13-3, 6-3 away)
Texas State 67
(4-13, 4-7 home)
Venue: Strahan Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||R Appleby 15
||M Kyser 6
||K Smith 5
||J Wright 15
||J Wright 6
||V Jones 3
Louisiana Tech outrebounded Texas State 54-32 and punished the Bobcats 84-67 in conference action on Thursday, January 10th. Everything went right for Louisiana Tech in this one, as they led 38-21 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. Michale Kyser had an impressive game for the Bulldogs and put up seven points plus four rebounds. Kenneth Smith had four points and added 10 rebounds. Joel Wright finished with a game-high 24 points and seven rebounds for the Bobcats. Next up for Louisiana Tech (13-3, 4-0 WAC) is Texas-San Antonio (4-10, 0-4 WAC) on Saturday, January 12th on the road.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:30 left to go.
- The win over Texas State extended the Louisiana Tech winning streak to 5 games.
- LaTech beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Louisiana Tech has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its had a three-point percentage of 34.6% or better.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 7 or more blocks.
- Louisiana Tech has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- LaTech has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when opponents record 67 or fewer total points.
- LaTech has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 43.5% field goal percentage.
- This season Louisiana Tech has won 82% of the time (9-2) when Raheem Appleby has 12 points or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when Cordarius Johnson has 5 field goals made or more, and 71% of the time (5-2) when Kenneth Smith has 6 assists or more.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time LaTech recorded at least 54 rebounds was Dec 29, 2009 against Houston.
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- Michale Kyser recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- Cordarius Johnson tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 9.
- Cordarius Johnson has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Kenneth Smith has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Cordarius Johnson had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Kenneth Smith recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kenneth Smith had career highs with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
Texas State Game Notes
- Texas State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Bobcats losing streak to 8 games.
- Joel Wright accounted for 35.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Joel Wright and Matt Staff) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Joel Wright has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 12 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Joel Wright's career.
- Joel Wright has 7 straight double-digit point games.
|-||Basil Brown II||4||0||0||0||0||0||1|