Montana easily beat North Dakota 77-62 in conference action on Thursday, January 10th. Montana enjoyed a small 38-36 lead at halftime, but turned it on in the second half to blow North Dakota out. Mathias Ward put on a show for the Grizzlies and put up a season-high 27 points and four rebounds. Will Cherry also had a great outing, scoring 14 points and adding seven assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). For the Fighting Sioux, Troy Huff finished with a season-high 24 points and five rebounds. Montana (9-4, 5-0 Big Sky) gets Northern Colorado (3-9, 1-3 Big Sky) on the road on Saturday, January 12th.
Montana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:57 left to go.
- Montana started 9-4 during the 2010 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over North Dakota extended the Montana winning streak to 5 games.
- UM beat the spread by 10.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- The Grizzlies have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- Montana has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when its had a three-point percentage of 40.9% or better.
- UM has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- UM has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 41.2% field goal percentage.
- This season Montana has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Mathias Ward plays 34 minutes or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Kareem Jamar has 4 assists or more.
- The Grizzlies set season highs for assists, field goals made, and steals.
- The last time UM recorded at least 21 assists was Feb 23, 2012 against Northern Arizona.
- UM set a season low for free throws made.
- Mathias Ward recorded a team season high in points with 27 and field goals made with 11.
- Mathias Ward accounted for 35.0% of the team's points.
- Mathias Ward has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 13 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 13 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Mathias Ward's career.
- Mathias Ward has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Mathias Ward had career highs with 11 field goals made and 4 three-pointers.
North Dakota Game Notes
- North Dakota lost and did not cover the spread.
- Troy Huff recorded a team season high in points with 24.
- Troy Huff accounted for 38.7% of the team's points.
- Troy Huff has led the team in scoring 3 times in 14 games this season.
- Mitch Wilmer has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Troy Huff's career.
- Troy Huff has 5 straight double-digit point games.