Tennessee-Martin was smoked by Tennessee State 80-48 in conference play in a game where the Tigers scored 30 points from behind the arc. Tennessee-Martin fell way behind at halftime, 46-24, and was never able to get back in it. Myles Taylor put up a season-high 25 points plus six rebounds for the Skyhawks. Dee Oldham scored five points. For the Tigers, Jay Harris got nine points (4 Ast 3 Stl). Next up for Tennessee-Martin (4-13, 1-4 OVC) is Belmont (11-4, 2-0 OVC) on Saturday, January 12th on the road.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:24 left to go.
- Tennessee-Martin started 4-13 during the 2010, 2006, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- The Skyhawks have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 32.8% or worse.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.0% or better this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- UTM set season lows for blocks, free throws made, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- Tennessee-Martin has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- Myles Taylor recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 23.
- Myles Taylor accounted for 52.0% of the team's points.
- Myles Taylor has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 11 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Myles Taylor's career.
- Myles Taylor has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Myles Taylor had a career high with 11 field goals made.
Tennessee State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (M.J. Rhett and Kellen Thornton) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Kellen Thornton has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- M.J. Rhett has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Patrick Miller has 6 straight double-digit point games.