Jacksonville State 75
(11-5, 6-3 away)
SIU Edwardsville 62
(4-9, 4-2 home)
Venue: Vadalabene Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||D Rackley 14
||R Boggs 5
||B Williams 3
||J Jones 15
||D Shaffer 5
||R Reed 3
Jacksonville State got a win on the road against SIU Edwardsville 75-62 in conference action on Thursday, January 10th. The Gamecocks got the win with 14 points and four rebounds from Tarvin Gaines. Brian Williams also had an excellent game, scoring a game-high 19 points and adding eight assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). For the Cougars, Michael Messer finished with 14 points and nine rebounds. Jacksonville State (11-5, 3-2 OVC) gets Eastern Illinois (3-14, 0-4 OVC) on the road on Saturday, January 12th.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:19 left to go.
- The last time JSU started the season 11-5 was 1999.
- JSU beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Gamecocks have beaten the spread.
- The Gamecocks have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- JSU has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- This season Jacksonville State has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Darion Rackley has 11 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Ronnie Boggs has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Nick Cook has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Gamecocks set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time JSU had a three-point percentage of 50.0% or higher was Jan 14, 2012 against Austin Peay.
- Jacksonville State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Gamecocks came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Brian Williams and Ronnie Boggs) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nick Cook and Tarvin Gaines) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Brian Williams has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Nick Cook has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Darion Rackley has 11 straight double-digit point games.
SIU Edwardsville Game Notes
- SIU Edwardsville lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Cougars losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jerome Jones and Michael Messer) accounted for 46.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Messer and Jerome Jones) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Jerome Jones has led the team in scoring 8 times in 13 games this season.
- Michael Messer set a career high with 9 rebounds.