IUPUI allowed Nebraska-Omaha to shoot 62% from the field and was tripped up by the Mavericks 90-79 in conference play on Thursday, January 10th. Donovan Gibbs got a career-high 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Jaguars, earning a double-double. Jordan Shanklin had 15 points and added four rebounds. John Karhoff finished with a season-high 20 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 3 Blk) for the Mavericks. This makes three losses in a row for the Jaguars. IUPUI (5-14, 1-3 Summit League) hosts North Dakota State (14-3, 4-0 Summit League) on Thursday, January 17th.
IUPUI Game Notes
- IUPUI has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 25 or fewer rebounds.
- IUPUI has lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 33 or more field goals made this season, IUPUI has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, IUPUI has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 3 or more blocks this season, IUPUI has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- The Jaguars set a season high for steals.
- IUPUI has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- The top two scorers (Donovan Gibbs and Sean Esposito) accounted for 53.1% of the points.
- Donovan Gibbs accounted for 40.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Donovan Gibbs has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Donovan Gibbs's career.
- Donovan Gibbs recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Donovan Gibbs had career highs with 22 points and 10 field goals made.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Sean Esposito's career.
- Sean Esposito has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Esposito had career highs with 20 points and 6 field goals made.
Nebraska-Omaha Game Notes
- The top two scorers (John Karhoff and C.J. Carter) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- John Karhoff has led the team in scoring 5 times in 18 games this season.
- C.J. Carter set a career high with a 89% field goal percentage.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of John Karhoff's career.
- Justin Simmons has 6 straight double-digit point games.