SIU Edwardsville lost at home against Jacksonville State 75-62 in conference play on Thursday, January 10th. The Cougars got 14 points and nine rebounds from Michael Messer. Kris Davis had eight points and added six assists. For the Gamecocks, Tarvin Gaines finished with 14 points and four rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Cougars. The next game will be on Saturday, January 12th when SIU Edwardsville (4-9, 0-3 OVC) hosts Tennessee Tech (7-9, 1-3 OVC).
SIU Edwardsville Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:19 left to go.
- SIU Edwardsville has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- SIU Edwardsville has lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- The Cougars have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 36.4% or worse.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, SIU Edwardsville has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, SIU Edwardsville has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 12 or fewer turnovers this season, SIU Edwardsville has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- The Cougars set a season high for blocks.
- The last time SIUE recorded at least 4 blocks was Feb 15, 2012 against Eastern Illinois.
- SIU Edwardsville has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Cougars opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--SIUE has a 5.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jerome Jones and Michael Messer) accounted for 46.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Messer and Jerome Jones) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Jerome Jones has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 13 games this season.
- Michael Messer had a career high with 9 rebounds.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brian Williams and Ronnie Boggs) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nick Cook and Tarvin Gaines) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Brian Williams has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Nick Cook has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Darion Rackley has 11 straight double-digit point games.