Tennessee Tech 77
(7-9, 3-6 away)
Eastern Illinois 73
(3-14, 3-6 home)
Venue: Lantz Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||J Dillard 19
||J Dillard 7
||J Samarrippas 4
||J Piper 10
||S Blanford 5
||A Akers 3
On Thursday, January 10th, Eastern Illinois allowed 36 points from three-point territory to Tennessee Tech and lost in front of the home crowd against the Golden Eagles 77-73 in conference play. Sherman Blanford got 16 points plus six assists for the Panthers. Morris Woods had a career-high 25 points and added seven rebounds. Jud Dillard finished with a game-high 34 points and five rebounds for the Golden Eagles. Eastern Illinois (3-14, 0-4 OVC) gets Jacksonville State (10-5, 2-2 OVC) on their home court on Saturday, January 12th.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- The last time EIU started the season 3-14 was 2003.
- The Panthers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Eastern Illinois has lost 24 close games.
- Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 5 or fewer steals.
- Eastern Illinois has lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.1% or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 54.5% or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Panthers set season highs for assists, field goal percentage, free throws made, and total points.
- The last time EIU had a field goal percentage of 55.3% or higher was Dec 07, 2011 against Oakland City.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Panthers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--EIU has a -3.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Morris Woods accounted for 34.2% of the team's points.
- Morris Woods has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Morris Woods's career.
Tennessee Tech Game Notes
- Jeremiah Samarrippas recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- Jud Dillard accounted for 44.1% of the team's points.
- Jud Dillard has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 11 times in 16 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dennis Ogbe.
- Dennis Ogbe set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage, 3 three-pointers, and a 100% three-point percentage.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Jud Dillard's career.
- Jud Dillard has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Jud Dillard set a career high with 34 points.