Robert Morris 88
(9-7, 5-5 away)
Fairleigh Dickinson 54
(6-9, 3-2 home)
Venue: Rothman Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||V Jones 12
||R Johnson 6
||V Jones 5
||M Bolding 15
||K Rochford 10
||S Harris 3
On Thursday, January 10th, Robert Morris turned the ball over just nine times and easily took down Fairleigh Dickinson 88-54 in NEC action. The game was never close, with Robert Morris leading 44-25 at the half. Russell Johnson picked up a double-double for the Colonials including 10 points and 10 rebounds. Coron Williams was sharp from three-point range, going 8 for 10 to get to a season-high 27 points overall. For the Knights, Melquan Bolding finished with a team-high 17 points and five rebounds. Robert Morris (9-7, 1-2 NEC) goes to Monmouth (5-10, 0-2 NEC) on Saturday, January 12th.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:57 left to go.
- Robert Morris started 9-7 during the 2008 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, RMU has been on the winning end of 20 blowout games.
- The Colonials have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 11 or more steals.
- RMU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.4% field goal percentage.
- RMU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 5 or fewer steals.
- This season Robert Morris has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Mike McFadden has 12 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Velton Jones plays 30 minutes or more.
- The Colonials set a season high for three-pointers.
- RMU set a season low for turnovers.
- Velton Jones recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- Coron Williams accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Russell Johnson and Mike McFadden) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.
- Coron Williams has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Russell Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Coron Williams's career.
- Coron Williams had a career high with 8 three-pointers.
- This game was the 3rd double-digit assist game of Velton Jones's career.
- Velton Jones had a career high with 11 assists.
- Russell Johnson recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Russell Johnson recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 6th of his career.
- Russell Johnson had a career high with 5 assists.
Fairleigh Dickinson Game Notes
- This was the 6th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, FDU has been on the losing end of 36 blowout games.
- Melquan Bolding accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Melquan Bolding has led the team in scoring 4 times in 15 games this season.
- Kinu Rochford has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Lonnie Robinson set a career high with 7 assists.
|-||S. Sanders Jr.||8||0||0||1||0||0||3|