Stetson got by East Tennessee State 72-70 in Atlantic Sun play on Thursday, January 10th. Adam Pegg led the Hatters and put up a team-high 17 points and four rebounds. Joel Naburgs also put in a solid contribution, scoring six points and adding six rebounds. For the Buccaneers, Hunter Harris finished with a season-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Stetson (6-10, 3-2 Atlantic Sun) takes on USC Upstate (8-7, 2-0 Atlantic Sun) on Saturday, January 12th on the road.
Stetson Game Notes
- Stetson started 6-10 during the 2007, 2004, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The Hatters have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Stetson has won 21 close games.
- Stetson set season lows for rebounds and turnovers.
- The top two scorers (Adam Pegg and Chris Perez) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joel Naburgs and Willie Green) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Adam Pegg has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Joel Naburgs has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Chris Perez has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Adam Pegg has 11 straight double-digit point games.
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- The Buccaneers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, East Tennessee State has lost 28 close games.
- The top two scorers (Lester Wilson and Jarvis Jones) accounted for 57.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Hunter Harris and Lester Wilson) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Lester Wilson has led the team in scoring 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Hunter Harris has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Jarvis Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Jones set a career high with 8 field goals made.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Lester Wilson's career.
- Lester Wilson has 4 straight double-digit point games.