IPFW faced off with North Dakota State on Thursday, January 10th and lost to the Bison 67-55 in conference play. The Mastodons got a game-high 21 points (3 Reb 3 Ast) from Luis Jacobo, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Frank Gaines had 12 points and added four rebounds. Lawrence Alexander recorded a double-double for the Bison with 12 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 12th when IPFW (8-10, 1-3 Summit League) heads to South Dakota State (11-6, 1-2 Summit League).
IPFW Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:45 left to go.
- The last time IPFW started the season 8-10 was 2009.
- IPFW beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Mastodons have beaten the spread.
- IPFW has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- The Mastodons have lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 37.7% or worse.
- When the opposition records 32 or more rebounds this season, IPFW has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- IPFW set season lows for free throws made and rebounds.
- Luis Jacobo recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- Luis Jacobo accounted for 38.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mario Hines and Isaiah McCray) accounted for 52.0% of the rebounds.
- Luis Jacobo has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Mario Hines has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Luis Jacobo's career.
- Luis Jacobo has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Frank Gaines has 3 straight double-digit point games.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- North Dakota State won, but did not cover the spread.
- Lawrence Alexander recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Taylor Braun and Marshall Bjorklund) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- Lawrence Alexander accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Taylor Braun has led the team in scoring 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Lawrence Alexander recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lawrence Alexander recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Lawrence Alexander set career highs with 10 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Taylor Braun has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Marshall Bjorklund has 5 straight double-digit point games.