FL Internationial 66
(8-7, 4-5 away)
Arkansas State 64
(10-6, 7-2 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (AR)
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 10, 2013
||T Murphy 15
||T Murphy 7
||D Hill 2
||E Townsel 16
||B Peterson 9
||R Dickerson 2
Though they were a 10-point favorite coming into the game, Arkansas State lost a close one to Florida International 66-64 in conference play. The Red Wolves stay winless against Florida International this season at 0-2. Edward Townsel got a game-high 20 points plus seven rebounds for the Red Wolves. Trey Finn had 13 points and added eight rebounds. For the Golden Panthers, Tymell Murphy finished with 12 points and six rebounds. Arkansas State (10-6, 4-1 Sun Belt) gets Louisiana (6-11, 1-3 Sun Belt) on the road on Saturday, January 12th.
Arkansas State Game Notes
- Arkansas State started 10-6 during the 2004, 2001, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The Red Wolves have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas State has lost 31 close games.
- Arkansas State has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 64 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.2% or better this season, Arkansas State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- A-State set season lows for field goals made and field goal percentage.
- The Red Wolves have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--A-State has a 12.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Edward Townsel recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 15.
- Edward Townsel accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- Edward Townsel has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 16 games this season.
- Trey Finn has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Edward Townsel's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Trey Finn.
Florida International Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Deric Hill and Tymell Murphy) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Tymell Murphy has led the team in scoring 9 times in 15 games this season.
- Tymell Murphy has 6 straight double-digit point games.
|C||M. Porcher Jimenez||17||5||1||0||0||0||0|