(11-5, 2-5 away)
Youngstown State 60
(9-7, 4-3 home)
Venue: Beeghly Center
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, January 10, 2013
||R McCallum 18
||N Minnerath 5
||R McCallum 4
||K Perry 16
||D Eargle 6
||K Perry 4
Detroit scored 33 points from behind the arc and blew out Youngstown State 101-60 in conference action on Thursday, January 10th. Detroit went up 45-24 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. Jason Calliste had a big game for the Titans and put up a career-high 27 points (7 Ast 6 Reb 3 Stl), shooting 6 of 8 from three-point range. P.J. Boutte also had an outstanding game, scoring four points and adding seven assists. For the Penguins, D.J. Cole got a career-high 16 points and two rebounds. Next up for Detroit (11-5, 3-0 Horizon) is Cleveland State (9-8, 1-2 Horizon) on Saturday, January 12th on the road.
Detroit Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:35 left to go.
- Detroit started 11-5 during the 2009 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Youngstown State extended the Detroit winning streak to 5 games.
- Detroit beat the spread by 39.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Titans have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Detroit has been on the winning end of 15 blowout games.
- The Titans have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Detroit has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Detroit has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season Detroit has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Ray McCallum has 19 points or more and 100% of the time (6-0) when Nick Minnerath has 8 rebounds or more.
- The Titans set season highs for assists, field goals made, rebounds, and three-point percentage.
- The last time Detroit recorded at least 21 assists was Jan 28, 2010 against Loyola (Chicago).
- Detroit set a season low for free throws made.
- The Titans have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Detroit has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Jason Calliste recorded a team season high in points with 27 and three-pointers with 6.
- The top two scorers (Jason Calliste and Ray McCallum) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- Jason Calliste has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Ray McCallum has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Jason Calliste's career.
- Jason Calliste has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jason Calliste had career highs with 27 points, 10 field goals made, 6 three-pointers, and 7 assists.
Youngstown State Game Notes
- Youngstown State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (D.J. Cole and Damian Eargle) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Damian Eargle has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
|C+||J. Howard Jr.||29||9||3||0||0||0||2|
|-||G. Dos Santos||3||2||1||0||0||0||0|
|D+||S. Amiker Jr.||17||3||2||0||0||0||2|