(4-12, 2-5 home)
Venue: McCann Field House
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||L Jones 22
||D Laury 8
||L Jones 4
||D Price 14
||A Kemp 7
||I Morton 3
Iona turned the ball over only nine times and got a win on the road against Marist 86-82 in conference action on Thursday, January 10th. Lamont Jones had a big game for the Gaels and put up a team-high 26 points plus six assists (5 Reb 4 Stl). Sean Armand also had an outstanding game, scoring 19 points and adding seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Devin Price finished with a game-high 27 points for the Red Foxes, making 6 of 10 from three-point range. Iona (10-6, 3-1 MAAC) takes on Canisius (10-5, 3-1 MAAC) on Sunday, January 13th at home.
Iona Game Notes
- Iona started 10-6 during the 2010 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Marist extended the Iona winning streak to 4 games.
- The Gaels have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Iona has won 25 close games.
- Iona has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 47.9% or better.
- Iona has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- This season Iona has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Sean Armand has 19 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Tavon Sledge has 4 field goals made or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Lamont Jones has 3 three-pointers or more.
- The Gaels set season highs for field goals made and steals.
- The last time Iona recorded at least 12 steals was Nov 20, 2011 against Maryland.
- Iona set a season low for free throws made.
- The Gaels have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Gaels came back after being down at halftime.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 30.2% of the team's points.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 16 games this season.
- Sean Armand has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Lamont Jones had a career high with 4 steals.
Marist Game Notes
- The Red Foxes have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Marist has lost 19 close games.
- This loss extended the Red Foxes losing streak to 6 games.
- Devin Price recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Adam Kemp tallied a team season high in blocks with 5.
- Devin Price accounted for 32.9% of the team's points.
- Adam Kemp accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Price has led the team in scoring 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Adam Kemp has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Devin Price's career.
- Devin Price set a career high with 6 three-pointers.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Chavaughn Lewis's career.
- Chavaughn Lewis has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Chavaughn Lewis set career highs with 4 three-pointers and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Isaiah Morton set a career high with 3 three-pointers.