Though they were a 14-point favorite coming into the game, College of Charleston lost on their home court to Samford 62-57 in conference play. The Cougars got a double-double out of Adjehi Baru with a game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Anthony Thomas had six points and added seven rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Clide Geffrard Jr. got 10 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 12th when College of Charleston (10-5, 1-1 SoCon) hosts Chattanooga (7-9, 2-0 SoCon).
College of Charleston Game Notes
- College of Charleston started 10-5 during the 2010 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cougars have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, College of Charleston has lost 16 close games.
- College of Charleston has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 5 or fewer assists.
- The Cougars set a season high for blocks.
- Our 9 blocks is the 19th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time CofC recorded at least 9 blocks was Feb 09, 2012 against Western Carolina.
- CofC set a season low for assists.
- The Cougars have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--CofC has a -3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Adjehi Baru accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- Adjehi Baru accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Adjehi Baru has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 8 times in 15 games this season.
- Andrew Lawrence has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Adjehi Baru recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Adjehi Baru recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
Samford Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford has lost 24 close games.
- The top two scorers (Raijon Kelly and Will Cook) accounted for 43.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Cook and Russell Wilson) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Raijon Kelly has led the team in scoring 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Raijon Kelly has 16 straight double-digit point games.