(10-4, 3-3 away)
(8-6, 5-3 home)
Venue: Cintas Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||K Wyatt 15
||S Randall 7
||K Wyatt 3
||S Christon 13
||T Taylor 7
||S Christon 4
On Thursday, January 10th, Xavier took on Temple and knocked off the Owls 57-52 in A-10 action. Travis Taylor secured a double-double in the Musketeers win with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Semaj Christon had a game-high 16 points and added two rebounds. For the Owls, Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson finished with 11 points and six rebounds. Next up for Xavier (8-6, 1-0 A-10) is George Washington (7-6, 1-0 A-10) on Saturday, January 12th at home.
Xavier Game Notes
- The last time XU started the season 8-6 was 2004.
- XU beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- The Musketeers have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Xavier has won 36 close games.
- XU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Xavier has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Justin Martin has 10 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Brad Redford has 3 three-pointers or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Jeff Robinson has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Musketeers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--XU has a 9.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Semaj Christon and Travis Taylor) accounted for 47.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis Taylor and Jeff Robinson) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 14 games this season.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 14 games this season.
- Travis Taylor recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis Taylor has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 13th of his career.
Temple Game Notes
- Temple lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Lee and Scootie Randall) accounted for 53.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Lee and Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Lee has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 14 games this season.
- Anthony Lee has 5 straight double-digit point games.