(7-9, 3-3 away)
(3-10, 3-4 home)
Venue: McAlister Field House
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, January 10, 2013
||Z Mason 15
||Z Mason 8
||D Hampton 4
||M Van Scyoc 20
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 5
Citadel faced off with Chattanooga on Thursday, January 10th and got beat at home by the Mocs 70-65 in conference play. Matt Van Scyoc had an impressive game for the Bulldogs and put up a season-high 20 points (6 Reb 3 Ast), sinking 5 of 10 from three-point range. Mike Groselle had 13 points and added seven rebounds. Dontay Hampton got 11 points and five rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl) for the Mocs. Next up for Citadel (3-10, 0-3 SoCon) is Samford (4-12, 2-1 SoCon) on Saturday, January 12th on their home court.
Citadel Game Notes
- Citadel started 3-10 during the 2011 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- Citadel beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Citadel has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- Citadel has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 13 or more free throws made this season, Citadel has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 45.0 percent or better this season, Citadel has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 35 or more rebounds this season, Citadel has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past seven games.
- Citadel has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the seventh game at home this season--Citadel has a 3.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Matt Van Scyoc recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Matt Van Scyoc accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Groselle and Stephen Elmore) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Matt Van Scyoc has led the team in scoring in three out of 13 games this season.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 13 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Matt Van Scyoc's career.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Z Mason and Drazen Zlovaric) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- Z Mason has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Z Mason has five straight double-digit point games.
- Drazen Zlovaric set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|A+||Matt Van Scyoc||34||20||6||3||0||2||1|
|B-||M. Harris III||30||6||1||5||3||0||2|