North Carolina faced off with Miami (FL) on Thursday, January 10th and was beaten at home by the Hurricanes 68-59 in conference play. J.P. Tokoto got four points plus three rebounds in the Tar Heels loss. Brice Johnson had 10 points and added three rebounds. Kenny Kadji got a game-high 18 points and nine rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast) for the Hurricanes. Next up for North Carolina (10-5, 0-2 ACC) is Florida State (10-5, 2-0 ACC) on Saturday, January 12th on the road.
North Carolina Game Notes
- The last time UNC started the season 10-5 was 2002.
- North Carolina has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Tar Heels have lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0% or worse.
- UNC set a season low for free throws made.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Tar Heels opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--UNC has a 14.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (James Michael McAdoo and Reggie Bullock) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- James Michael McAdoo has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 10 times in 15 games this season.
- James Michael McAdoo has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kenny Kadji and Julian Gamble) accounted for 47.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kenny Kadji and Julian Gamble) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Kenny Kadji has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 6 times in 14 games this season.
- Kenny Kadji has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Julian Gamble set a career high with 7 field goals made.