Canisius has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Golden Griffins have the upper hand over the Saints, 73 points per game to 57 points per game.
- Siena has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.540 to 0.360).
- At least you keep showing up. Siena has an average margin of victory of 13 over Canisius in 43 wins since 1980.
- Siena is better at defending the three (30.4% allowed vs 33.6% allowed) than Canisius this season.
- Siena has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Canisius ($38,095 vs $41,757).
- Siena waxed Canisius by 11 points the last time they played (Feb 26, 2012).
- You get an A for effort, but Siena has emerged victorious against Canisius the last 3 times they've played.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Siena has come back to win after being down at half against Canisius 5 times since 1997.
- Siena has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Canisius ($28,200 vs $33,645).
- AP voters think more highly of Siena and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Canisius (8 vs 0).
- Rob Poole is ranked 5th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- Siena takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Canisius (3 vs 0).