In their last match-up, Derek Needham finished with 13 points in the Stags 71-67 loss against Niagara on January 5th. His 13.6 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Greyhounds, Erik Etherly put up 24 points and 7 rebounds in the 74-58 blowout of St. Peter's on January 6th. He is averaging 16.1 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 1.4 per game. A key area of strength for Loyola (MD) is offensive rebounding percentage at 39.6, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 16th nationally).
Loyola (MD) StatSmack
- The Fairfield rebounding leader (Amadou Sidibe) has more rebounds than the Loyola rebounding leader (Anthony Winbush).
- Even computers respect Fairfield more. We have a better RPI this season than Loyola (RPI: #121 vs #143).
- Derek Needham is ranked 6th in the MAAC in points, 41st nationally in three-pointers, 4th in the MAAC in assists, and 4th in the MAAC in steals.
- Maurice Barrow is ranked 10th in the MAAC in blocks.
- It must sting. Fairfield has blown out Loyola by 20 points or more on 6 occasions since 2000.
- Fairfield has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.640 to 0.525).
- The Fairfield three-point leader (Derek Needham) has more three-pointers than the Loyola three-point leader (Robert Olson).
- Amadou Sidibe is ranked 6th in the MAAC in rebounds.
- The Fairfield assist leader (Desmond Wade) has more assists than the Loyola assist leader (Dylon Cormier).
- Fairfield is a better three-point shooting team (34.5% vs 27.2%) than Loyola this season.