In their last outing, behind 24 points and 7 rebounds from Erik Etherly, the Greyhounds blew out St. Peter's 74-58 on January 6th. He tallies 16.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.4 blocks per game. For the Stags, Colin Nickerson put up 11 points and 5 rebounds in the 71-67 loss to Niagara on January 5th. He is averaging 6.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.8 steals per game.
- Loyola can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.3 per game vs 31.3 per game) than Fairfield this season.
- Loyola is better under pressure, and has defeated Fairfield in 11 out of the last 17 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Anthony Winbush is ranked 8th in the MAAC in rebounds.
- Dylon Cormier is ranked 33rd nationally in points, 10th in the MAAC in rebounds, and 50th nationally in steals.
- Loyola has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Fairfield ($26,855 vs $51,880).
- The Loyola blocks leader (Jordan Latham) has more blocks than the Fairfield blocks leader (Keith Matthews).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (966 to 961) than Fairfield, per the NCAA.
- Loyola is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Loyola is 200 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Fairfield.
- Loyola beat Fairfield by 4 points the last time they played (Mar 05, 2012).
- Julius Brooks is ranked 9th in the MAAC in blocks.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Loyola has come back to win after being down at half against Fairfield 3 times since 2010.