(9-7, 1-4 away)
(2) Michigan 62
(16-0, 14-0 home)
Venue: Crisler Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 09, 2013
||D Talley 13
||B Ubel 6
||B Parker 2
||T Burke 18
||M McGary 6
||T Burke 7
On Wednesday, January 9th, No. 2 Michigan easily knocked off Nebraska 62-47 in conference action. The game looked like it would be close until the end as Michigan only led by five at the half, but they pulled away in the second half and ended up winning big. Tim Hardaway Jr picked up a double-double in the win including 15 points and 11 rebounds. Nik Stauskas also had a strong showing, scoring 13 points and adding four rebounds. For the Cornhuskers, Ray Gallegos got a game-high 19 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Sunday, January 13th when Michigan (16-0, 3-0 Big Ten) heads to 15th-ranked Ohio State (11-3, 2-1 Big Ten).
Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:43 left to go.
- The win over Nebraska extended the Michigan winning streak to 16 games.
- The Wolverines set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time Michigan recorded at least 47 rebounds was Nov 14, 2009 against Northern Michigan.
- Michigan set season lows for assists, blocks, field goals made, field goal percentage, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- The Wolverines have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 9 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Michigan has a 25.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tim Hardaway Jr recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr) accounted for 53.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Morgan and Tim Hardaway Jr) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 16 games this season.
- Jordan Morgan has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Glenn Robinson III has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Nik Stauskas has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Hardaway Jr recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Hardaway Jr recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Tim Hardaway Jr had career highs with 11 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
- Jordan Morgan recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Nebraska Game Notes
- This loss extended the Cornhuskers losing streak to 3 games.
- Ray Gallegos recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 16.
- Ray Gallegos accounted for 40.4% of the team's points.
- Brandon Ubel accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Ray Gallegos has led the team in scoring 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Brandon Ubel has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- Ray Gallegos has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Ubel recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Ubel set a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
- Dylan Talley set a career high with 5 assists.
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||15||11||1||0||0||1|
|B+||G. Robinson III||39||14||6||0||1||0||1|