Eastern Kentucky 77
(13-3, 4-3 away)
Murray State 65
(11-4, 5-3 home)
Venue: CFSB Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 09, 2013
||M DiNunno 16
||T Johnson 4
||G Cosey 3
||I Canaan 21
||E Daniel 10
||I Canaan 3
Eastern Kentucky got a win on the road against Murray State 77-65 in OVC action on Wednesday, January 9th. Corey Walden played brilliantly for the Colonels and got a team-high 20 points plus four rebounds. Mike DiNunno also had a great game, scoring 20 points and adding four assists. For the Racers, Isaiah Canaan finished with a game-high 24 points and six assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). This makes three wins in a row for the Colonels. Eastern Kentucky (13-3, 3-0 OVC) gets Morehead State (8-8, 2-0 OVC) at home on Saturday, January 12th.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:24 left to go.
- The win over Murray State extended the Eastern Kentucky winning streak to 3 games.
- EKU beat the spread by 20.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Colonels have beaten the spread.
- The Colonels have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- Eastern Kentucky has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 50.9% or better.
- Eastern Kentucky has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- EKU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 65 or fewer total points.
- This season Eastern Kentucky has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Mike DiNunno plays 37 minutes or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Corey Walden has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Colonels set season highs for blocks and steals.
- The last time EKU recorded at least 4 blocks was Jan 22, 2012 against Longwood.
- Corey Walden recorded a team season high in free throws made with 9 and free throws attempted with 10.
- Marcus Lewis tallied a team season high in steals with 5.
- The top two scorers (Corey Walden and Mike DiNunno) accounted for 51.9% of the points.
- Tarius Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Mike DiNunno's career.
- Mike DiNunno has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Corey Walden's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Marcus Lewis.
Murray State Game Notes
- Murray State lost and did not cover the spread.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 36.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ed Daniel and Erik McCree) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring 12 times in 15 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Stacy Wilson has 3 straight double-digit point games.