Weber State has an advantage in two key statistical areas. First, in scoring, the Wildcats have an edge over the Thunderbirds, 79 points per game to 65 points per game. Weber State also has an advantage in field goal percentage, 50% to 41%. Southern Utah will hope to exploit their strength in defensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 72.3 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 44th in the country.
Southern Utah StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Weber State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 907) than Southern Utah, per the NCAA.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Weber State has a stronger schedule than Southern Utah this season (SOS Rank: #146 vs #283).
- Weber State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.669 to 0.356).
- Weber State is a better shooting team (50.2% vs 42.2%) than Southern Utah this season.
- Kyle Tresnak is ranked 5th in the Big Sky in blocks.
- Davion Berry is ranked 9th in the Big Sky in points and 7th in the Big Sky in assists.
- Scott Bamforth is ranked 7th in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- The Weber State rebounding leader (Joel Bolomboy) has more rebounds than the Southern Utah rebounding leader (Jayson Cheesman).
- It's only wins and losses, but Weber State has a better overall record than Southern Utah this season (7-3 vs 4-7).
- Weber State is better at defending the three (24.3% allowed vs 39.4% allowed) than Southern Utah this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Weber State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Southern Utah in 22 wins since 1981.