In their last match-up on January 6th, Reggie Hearn put up 11 points for the Wildcats in a loss to Minnesota, 69-51. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 14.2 points per game and 1.4 steals per game. The Nittany Lions were defeated by Indiana 74-51 on January 7th despite 11 points and 7 rebounds from Jermaine Marshall. He contributes 4.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.5 points per game. Penn State ranks 1st in their conference in defensive rebounding percentage at 75.8, which also places them 2nd in the country.
Penn State StatSmack
- Even computers respect Northwestern more. We have a better RPI this season than Penn State (RPI: #107 vs #127).
- You get an A for effort, but Northwestern has emerged victorious against Penn State the last 2 times they've played.
- Alex Olah is ranked 10th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Northwestern has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Penn State (#12 vs #47).
- Northwestern has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Penn State ($20,802 vs $28,680).
- Northwestern has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Penn State according to Kiplinger (86.4% vs 62%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Northwestern currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 980) than Penn State, per the NCAA.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Northwestern has a stronger schedule than Penn State this season (SOS Rank: #90 vs #131).
- Northwestern is a better three-point shooting team (38.4% vs 29.1%) than Penn State this season.
- Northwestern has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (26% vs 52%).
- Northwestern players are more experienced than Penn State players (12,622 minutes played vs 9,467 minutes played).