The 21 points by Mike Liabo helped the Skyhawks to a 76-74 victory over Austin Peay on January 5th. While contributing 2.8 rebounds per game, he also scores 12.8 points per game. In a 66-57 victory over Jacksonville State on January 5th, M.J. Rhett put up 10 points and 16 rebounds for the Tigers. He averages 4.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.1 blocks per game. When considering the Four Factors, Tennessee State performs well in free throw rate at 41.7. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 46th in the country.
Tennessee State StatSmack
- It must sting. Tennessee-Martin has blown out Tennessee State by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2002.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Tennessee-Martin currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (923 to 902) than Tennessee State, per the NCAA.
- Justin Childs is ranked 7th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Tennessee-Martin is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Tennessee-Martin is 205 lbs compared to 194 lbs for Tennessee State.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Tennessee-Martin has had more players drafted by the NBA than Tennessee State (1 vs 0).
- The Tennessee-Martin scoring leader (Myles Taylor) has more points than the Tennessee State scoring leader (Robert Covington).
- Myles Taylor is ranked 4th in the Ohio Valley in points and 4th in the Ohio Valley in rebounds.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Tennessee-Martin has come back to win after being down at half against Tennessee State 6 times since 1996.
- At least you keep showing up. Tennessee-Martin has an average margin of victory of 9 over Tennessee State in 19 wins since 1980.