In a 75-61 win over Western Kentucky on January 5th, Edward Townsel put up 25 points and 5 rebounds for the Red Wolves. With 16.5 points per game and 1.9 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Golden Panthers, Tymell Murphy finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds in the 74-72 win over Bethune-Cookman on January 7th. He puts up a team-leading 15.1 points per game, 7.7 rebounds per game, and 1.1 blocks per game.
Florida International StatSmack
- Brandon Peterson is ranked 20th nationally in rebounds and 8th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
- How does our back look? Arkansas State is ranked higher than Florida International in the Sun Belt (#3 vs #9).
- Arkansas State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Arkansas State is 199 lbs compared to 193 lbs for Florida International.
- Rakeem Dickerson is ranked 4th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- The Arkansas State scoring leader (Edward Townsel) has more points than the Florida International scoring leader (Malik Smith).
- Arkansas State is better under pressure, and has defeated Florida International in 5 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Arkansas State has come back to win after being down at half against Florida International 4 times since 1998.
- Arkansas State players are more experienced than Florida International players (12,329 minutes played vs 4,845 minutes played).
- The Arkansas State rebounding leader (Brandon Peterson) has more rebounds than the Florida International rebounding leader (Jerome Frink).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Arkansas State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Florida International (1 vs 0).