In their last match-up, A.J. Jones finished with 20 points in the Redhawks 74-66 loss against Murray State on January 5th. He is putting up 8.8 points per game while also averaging 3.0 rebounds per game. For the Bruins, Ian Clark finished with 19 points and 6 assists in the 83-52 blowout of Tennessee Tech on January 5th. His 17.9 points per game is the highest mark on the team. A key area of strength for Belmont is effective field goal percentage at 55.8, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 14th nationally).
- Lucas Nutt is ranked 46th nationally in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Southeast Missouri State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (908 to 1000) than Belmont, per the NCAA.
- The Southeast Missouri State assist leader (Lucas Nutt) has more assists than the Belmont assist leader (Kerron Johnson).
- Southeast Missouri State can actually jump, with more rebounds (39.2 per game vs 35.3 per game) than Belmont this season.
- Southeast Missouri State is better at defending the three (27.6% allowed vs 30.4% allowed) than Belmont this season.
- Belmont has been ducking Southeast Missouri State for over 30 years.
- Corey Wilford is ranked 7th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers.
- Tyler Stone is ranked 11th nationally in points, 17th nationally in rebounds, and 6th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.
- How does our back look? Southeast Missouri State is ranked higher than Belmont in the Ohio Valley (#1 vs #4).
- Cape Girardeau isn't as congested as Nashville (population is significantly lower).
- The Southeast Missouri State scoring leader (Tyler Stone) has more points than the Belmont scoring leader (Ian Clark).