In their last outing, behind 20 points and 8 rebounds from Sama Taku, the Tigers defeated UC Davis 74-64 on January 5th. He is averaging 8.3 points per game while also contributing a team-high 4.2 rebounds per game. For the Gauchos, Michael Bryson put up 15 points in the 77-70 loss to Long Beach State on January 5th. He contributes 2.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.1 points per game.
UC-Santa Barbara StatSmack
- AP voters think more highly of Pacific and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than UC-Santa Barbara (6 vs 0).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Pacific currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (943 to 939) than UC-Santa Barbara, per the NCAA.
- Pacific is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Pacific is 205 lbs compared to 193 lbs for UC-Santa Barbara.
- It's only wins and losses, but Pacific has a better overall record than UC-Santa Barbara this season (6-7 vs 4-8).
- Pacific players are more experienced than UC-Santa Barbara players (8,624 minutes played vs 6,782 minutes played).
- The Pacific basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than UC-Santa Barbara (95% vs 77%).
- Pacific is better at defending the three (33.2% allowed vs 37.9% allowed) than UC-Santa Barbara this season.
- Pacific has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than UC-Santa Barbara ($NA vs $17,768).
- Lorenzo McCloud is ranked 9th in the Big West in assists.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Pacific has come back to win after being down at half against UC-Santa Barbara 3 times since 2000.
- At least you keep showing up. Pacific has an average margin of victory of 11 over UC-Santa Barbara in 27 wins since 1980.