In their last game, Ross Travis put up 14 points and 5 rebounds in the Nittany Lions 74-51 loss to Indiana on January 7th. He is averaging 7.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 7.6 per game. For the Wildcats, Jared Swopshire finished with 6 points and 5 rebounds in the 69-51 loss to Minnesota on January 6th. He averages 9.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.9 rebounds per game.
- At least you keep showing up. Penn State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Northwestern in 26 wins since 1992.
- Penn State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Northwestern ($24,980 vs $54,190).
- The Penn State scoring leader (Devonte (DJ) Newbill) has more points than the Northwestern scoring leader (Reggie Hearn).
- We make our fans proud. Penn State has a better record at home than Northwestern this season (7-1 vs 6-4).
- Penn State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Northwestern ($36,844 vs $54,190).
- It must sting. Penn State has blown out Northwestern by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1997.
- Penn State allows fewer rebounds (31.4 allowed per game vs 34.8 allowed per game) than Northwestern this season.
- The Penn State rebounding leader (Ross Travis) has more rebounds than the Northwestern rebounding leader (Jared Swopshire).
- Penn State has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Northwestern (#11 vs #50).
- Jermaine Marshall is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in steals.