The 17 points and 5 rebounds by Matthew Dellavedova helped the Gaels to a 74-61 victory over Loyola Marymount on January 5th. With 17.2 points per game and 6.4 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Bulldogs, Kelly Olynyk finished with 33 points and 10 rebounds in the 81-74 win over Santa Clara on January 5th. With 18.1 points per game and 0.8 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Gonzaga will attempt to capitalize on their strengths, which include offensive rebounding percentage at 38.0, free throw rate at 42.2, and effective field goal percentage at 57.0.
- The Saint Mary's scoring leader (Matthew Dellavedova) has more points than the Gonzaga scoring leader (Elias Harris).
- James Walker III is ranked 5th in the West Coast in three-pointers.
- Saint Mary's is a better free-throw-shooting team (76.1% vs 67.5%) than Gonzaga this season.
- Saint Mary's players are more experienced than Gonzaga players (14,079 minutes played vs 12,061 minutes played).
- Moraga isn't as congested as Spokane (population is significantly lower).
- Brad Waldow is ranked 9th in the West Coast in rebounds and 9th in the West Coast in blocks.
- Matthew Dellavedova is ranked 30th nationally in points, 25th nationally in three-pointers, and 7th nationally in assists.
- The Saint Mary's three-point leader (Matthew Dellavedova) has more three-pointers than the Gonzaga three-point leader (Kevin Pangos).
- Saint Mary's beat Gonzaga by 4 points the last time they played (Mar 05, 2012).
- The Saint Mary's blocks leader (Matt Hodgson) has more blocks than the Gonzaga blocks leader (Elias Harris).
- The Saint Mary's assist leader (Matthew Dellavedova) has more assists than the Gonzaga assist leader (Kevin Pangos).