The Musketeers fell 66-59 to Wake Forest on January 2nd. Travis Taylor finished with 18 points and 10 rebounds in the loss. On top of his scoring average of 11.7 points per game, he delivers 7.6 rebounds per game. For the Owls, Khalif Wyatt put up 26 points in the 69-62 loss to Kansas on January 6th. With 15.4 points per game and 3.9 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, Temple is strong in turnover percentage at 15.7. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 8th in the nation.
- Travis Taylor is ranked 5th in the A-10 in rebounds.
- Semaj Christon is ranked 6th in the A-10 in assists.
- The Xavier basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Temple (92% vs 33%).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Xavier has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Temple (3 vs 1).
- Xavier is a better shooting team (46.8% vs 41.6%) than Temple this season.
- We just win. Xavier has more wins over the last 5 years than Temple (137 vs 132).
- Xavier takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Temple (9 vs 5).
- At least you keep showing up. Xavier has an average margin of victory of 8 over Temple in 9 wins since 1995.
- AP voters think more highly of Xavier and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Temple (71 vs 28).