In their last game, Roy Devyn Marble put up 14 points in the Hawkeyes 95-67 loss to Michigan on January 6th. He leads the team with 15.5 points per game. For the Spartans, Branden Dawson put up 14 points and 11 rebounds in the 84-61 blowout of Purdue on January 5th. He is averaging 10.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.9 steals per game.
Michigan State StatSmack
- Iowa is better at defending the three (27.9% allowed vs 30.9% allowed) than Michigan State this season.
- The Iowa scoring leader (Roy Devyn Marble) has more points than the Michigan State scoring leader (Keith Appling).
- Iowa is better under pressure, and has defeated Michigan State in 5 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Iowa has an average margin of victory of 11 over Michigan State in 26 wins since 1980.
- The Iowa three-point leader (Roy Devyn Marble) has more three-pointers than the Michigan State three-point leader (Gary Harris).
- Iowa has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Michigan State ($33,134 vs $37,858).
- Roy Devyn Marble is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in points.
- Iowa has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Michigan State ($16,838 vs $19,903).
- Aaron White is ranked 7th in the Big Ten in points and 6th in the Big Ten in rebounds.
- Iowa players are more experienced than Michigan State players (11,094 minutes played vs 8,752 minutes played).