Sam Houston State has a statistical edge over Lamar in a single key area, scoring, where the Bearkats have the upper hand over the Cardinals, 65 points per game to 58 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Sam Houston State is strong in defensive rebounding percentage at 74.3. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 15th in the nation.
Sam Houston State StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Lamar currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (940 to 938) than Sam Houston State, per the NCAA.
- Nikko Acosta is ranked 10th in the Southland in blocks.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Lamar has a stronger schedule than Sam Houston State this season (SOS Rank: #129 vs #269).
- Donley Minor is ranked 7th in the Southland in assists.
- At least you keep showing up. Lamar has an average margin of victory of 15 over Sam Houston State in 13 wins since 1990.
- The Lamar rebounding leader (Stanford Brown) has more rebounds than the Sam Houston State rebounding leader (Michael Holyfield).
- Lamar is a better shooting team (42.5% vs 38.1%) than Sam Houston State this season.
- Rhon Mitchell is ranked 7th in the Southland in points.
- Lamar embarrassed Sam Houston State by 23 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Stanford Brown is ranked 5th in the Southland in rebounds and 10th in the Southland in blocks.
- The Lamar scoring leader (Rhon Mitchell) has more points than the Sam Houston State scoring leader (Darius Gatson).