In an 83-52 dismantling of Tennessee Tech on January 5th, J.J. Mann put up 21 points for the Bruins. On top of a team-high 1.9 steals per game, he also scores 8.5 points per game. For the Redhawks, Corey Wilford finished with 15 points and 5 assists in the 74-66 loss to Murray State on January 5th. He is averaging 13.8 points per game and leads the team in steals with 0.8 per game. One category in which Southeast Missouri State is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.3, ranking 1st in their conference (and 72nd nationally).
Southeast Missouri State StatSmack
- We just win. Belmont has more wins over the last 5 years than Southeast Missouri State (130 vs 56).
- The Belmont three-point leader (Ian Clark) has more three-pointers than the Southeast Missouri State three-point leader (Corey Wilford).
- Trevor Noack is ranked 9th in the Ohio Valley in rebounds.
- Belmont takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Southeast Missouri State (5 vs 0).
- Belmont players are more experienced than Southeast Missouri State players (12,607 minutes played vs 9,823 minutes played).
- J.J. Mann is ranked 5th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- The Belmont steals leader (J.J. Mann) has more steals than the Southeast Missouri State steals leader (Tyler Stone).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Belmont has a stronger schedule than Southeast Missouri State this season (SOS Rank: #12 vs #300).
- Blake Jenkins is ranked 5th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.
- Kerron Johnson is ranked 4th in the Ohio Valley in assists.
- Even computers respect Belmont more. We have a better RPI this season than Southeast Missouri State (RPI: #21 vs #208).